A Lesson plan is referred as a document that a teacher prepares to outline topics and activities in order to teach in the class or group meeting. Usually Lesson plans are created and maintained by schools but individuals can also do it by their own. A well-planned lesson plan ensure a smooth and effective transfer of knowledge from teacher to its pupils over the cross a specified time. It also allows teacher to effectively manager their time for necessary research and lecture planning for efficient results of their classes. Similarly, a ready Lesson plan also helps new teachers to pick and continue various research, writing, speaking and reading activities while picking a class from its running tenor.
Lesson Plan Format Guidelines
While preparing for the your lesson plans, following important aspects must be taken into account to come up with a comprehensive lesson plan.
- Goals and objectives must be defined in clear statements.
- Better to use an existing free lesson plan template to create your own lesson plan rather than just starting from scratch.
- List down your resources, objectives and activities on daily basis or weekly basis as per target time frame.
- If you are teaching more than one subject/course to a class, better to create different lesson plans or one comprehensive lesson plan with all subjects listed.
- Always cross check you objectives with school’s provided course outlines or teaching guidelines.
- Print it out and display it in a prominent place where you can see it every day.
It has been found very useful to teach according to a well-planned lesson plan in order to achieve best results from you class or small group of students.
Printable Lesson Plan Templates
These lesson plan templates also help schools and institutes to maintain a consistent quality of education for many years to come no matter who is the teacher actually.
Here are 42 Free Lesson Plan Templates to help you plan your school activities effectively.
A Teacher should be a good planner and thinker because these two qualities make a teacher successful. It is necessary for teacher to plan lessons and manage classroom behavior effectively to control all activities of students. Lesson planning is a vital skill for all teachers because without it a teacher cannot teach effectively according to given time. It is the responsibility of teachers to plan and implement the lesson with the consideration of academic time period. It helps a teacher to teach well by addressing all problems regarding students. Lesson plan is designed following a specific format and its effectiveness depends on the skills of teachers. It requires time and extreme care to design an effective lesson plan because your single mistake can ruin your all efforts. It is necessary to consider time constrain and mental ability of students while designing a lesson plan so that your lesson plan can effectively communicate what you want to communicate with it. Here is a useful Weekly Lesson Plan Template that can help any teacher to quickly create comprehensive teaching plans.
Common Mistakes while Writing Lesson Plan
There are some common mistakes that should be considered while writing lesson plan because these mistakes can decrease the effectiveness of your lesson plan:
- It is necessary to specify the objective of lesson because an objective summarize about probable outcomes of lesson plan. Poorly drafted objectives will lead you toward wrong conclusion and ultimately failure of your lesson plan.
- Prepare a lesson assessment because it helps the teachers to determine whether the objectives have been accomplished or not. Assessment should be based on the learning behavior of your class and objectives of your lesson plan. Poor assessment or no assessment will spoil your all efforts.
- It is necessary to specify perquisites of your lesson plan according to the needs of students to effectively accomplish all objectives of lesson planning. It is not easy to determine perquisites because it requires some research according to the mental ability of students.
- Materials specified in the lesson plan should be relevant because irrelevant material can decrease the effectiveness of your lesson planning. You have to keep the list of material in line according to your planning.
- It is necessary to set instructions according to your students to engage them in learning. It can increase your efficiency because you can achieve maximum goals with fewer efforts. It is obvious that instructional efficiency is beneficial for the career of students.
- Do not forget to describe the activities of students in your lesson plan and these should be related to the objectives of students. It is necessary to keep students engaged and interested in lesson to accomplish your lesson objectives.
Purpose of lesson plan is to communicate your message effectively to your students. It is necessary to be careful about all above mistakes while lesson planning because these mistakes can ruin your all efforts.